that's me...

that's me...
...just to give you a first impression of what I look like. I'll add some more pictures soon.

Monday, February 25, 2008

You are Germany...

On Tuesday morning we presented aspects of our home countries to each other. Tim, Charlotte and Manu started with Belgian history, politics, food and prominent persons. They drew a very nice and true to scale ;-) map on the blackboard to illustrate the problems and conflicts between Flanders and Wallonia. The also told us about an ongoing discussion about a possible disunion of both parts. Kate, Iva and Sylvie presented the Czech Republic with an amazing powerpoint presentation. They had included a vast number of pictures and told us a lot about landscape, sights, buildings, popular culture and so on. I really regret that I probably missed some information because they had made a great effort to deliver a diversified presentation with plenty of important aspects. My presentation concluded the lesson. I started with a short part about geography and politics but since I didn't want to go into detail about history and politics, I rather concentrated on what's really important in life: traffic signs (just kidding, it was a part of the presentation, but not the most important one). I finished my contribution with a personal estimation of what it means to be German and showed the TV spot "Du bist Deutschland" ("You are Germany") which had been aired before and during the FIFA Worldcup 2006. (search on youtube.com: Du bist Deutschland english subtitles)

No comments: