that's me...

that's me...
...just to give you a first impression of what I look like. I'll add some more pictures soon.

Saturday, February 09, 2008

the Danish way of storytelling...

Tuesday started with a course called Danish storytellers, Film / literature. I've never thought about Danish literature and films that much so I was quite interested what we were going to learn in the course. The only author from Denmark I knew is H.C. Andersen and the only thing I know about Danish films is that there is a genre called "Dogma 95 films", an avant-garde filmmaking movement started in 1995 by the Danish directors Lars von Trier and Thomas Vinterberg. I was curious about finding out more about that special topic but instead we talked about Danish literature, the canon taught in Danish schools and of course H.C. Andersen (which wasn't bad either). Our teacher Hanne brought us some books for children. Our task was it then to find a translation on the internet and to retell the story in our own words. The three groups had very different stories to tell, sad and funny ones, but all of us did a great job creating an exciting atmosphere just by using our voices. For me it was a great chance to work on my rhetorical skills and to improve my ability to speak freely in front of other people.

No comments: