that's me...

that's me...
...just to give you a first impression of what I look like. I'll add some more pictures soon.

Saturday, February 09, 2008

weblogs and introduction...

Our programme on Monday started with an introduction to the creation of a weblog, our tool for recording our impressions and learning progresses during the next months. For I had never used weblogs before I found it a bit difficult in the beginning but I soon got used to the handling of the different customizing and editing functions. Afterwards we got a short introduction to the Danish educational system. What I found most striking was the fact that the schools want their classes to be acompanied by one and the same class teacher during the nine years of primary school education. In Germany the class teacher change every two years. The introduction to the Danish school system - also serving as a preparation for our school visits on Thursday - was followed by a brainstorming of our knowledge about Denmark. My list contained many stereotypes about food, people, climate,... Then we presented our lists to each other in small groups and designed a poster, which should express our group's view on our host country. All of us contributed similar aspects to a certain extent but we also complemented one another in our ideas. The products showed a great variety of aspects connected to Denmark in completely different arrangements and layouts.

No comments: