that's me...

that's me...
...just to give you a first impression of what I look like. I'll add some more pictures soon.

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

new beginnings...

I got on the train in Kiel at 13:42 on Thursday January 31st. I was very tired because I hadn't slept the last night that much for I had been at a concert in Hamburg the day before. But nevertheless I was also excited and a bit nervous to leave my town, my friends and my family behind to encounter a whole new episode of my life.
About one hour later I had to change trains in Flensburg, and several minutes later again in Padborg. So there I was, entering Denmark, actually only for the fourth time in my life, with only little knowledge about the country and its people, their laguage, food,...
I went to Vojens, where I had to leave the train, facing the welcoming and warming sunshine of southern Denmark for the first time (just kidding, it was stormy and dark with a mixture of rain and snow...). But I had to wait for the bus, so I remained in the cold for 20 minutes, until my bus arrived. On the way to Haderslev the sky got even darker and the wind heavier. What a nice welcoming party...
At the bus station in Haderslev at my tutor Mette was awaiting me at 16:45 and I felt a lot better when we arrived at the flat I was going to stay in for three months. I didn't know neither my flatmate nor the other erasmus students, neither the town nor the people that live here. But that was going to change soon...

No comments: