that's me...

that's me...
...just to give you a first impression of what I look like. I'll add some more pictures soon.

Friday, February 08, 2008

first steps...

We spent some weekend hours with walking around the town to get an impression of its appearance, an idea of the locations of supermarkets and other shops, but also a feeling for the city life. What I found most interesting were the historical parts of the city, especially the architectural relicts of medieval times, which had been fondly restored or rebuilt. As my favoutite I chose an old timbered house in the "Castle street". There are some other places and buildings I find worth mentioning here (but it would be impossible to list everything, it's just too much ...), for example the medieval chathedral which can be seen from almost everywhere in the city, the pedestrian precinct, the harbour, the old cemetery, the fjord, etc. During the first days there were so many impressions crashing down on me that I can't put all of them into words, sorry... ;-)

No comments: