that's me...

that's me...
...just to give you a first impression of what I look like. I'll add some more pictures soon.

Sunday, February 10, 2008

the rest of Tuesday...

Our first Danish lesson with Sheila and Lejf was more a repitition for me than learning new things for I attended a crash course in Danish before coming here. One little funny story was that the copies we were given are from the same book we used during the crash course in Germany. But nevertheless there was at least one thing I learned in the two hours: the pronunciation of Danish words is difficult for all of us, but it might be more difficult for people with one linguistic background than for those with another. I will keep an eye on that... ;-)
In the afternoon we met with other European students to discuss the topic: "Language and identity". We had to colour an empty template and produce a so called language portrait. The colours were symbolizing laguages that are important for us. The underlying idea of the task was the integration of the aesthetic dimension into the cognitive learning process. I was very sceptical at the beginning because I associated the task with some kind of a kindergarten atmosphere. But in the course of the discussion it became clear that colours can be used as a possibility to transmit feelings (for example about languages). We also had to make up an "elfchen", a poem consisting of eleven words, about one of the colours we chose. In the end I was pretty satisfied with the results of our discussions and our creative working periods. What do you think???

Green
endless fields
the land of green
I am part of
eternity

No comments: